|GIS for Disaster Management Book Chapters Home|
This is the companion website for book chapters from the book Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Disaster Management (second edition). This page contains an overview of the books' chapters, links to webpages for indivual book chapters, and other additional materials.
Overview: Each chapter of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Disaster Management (second edition) contains supplemental material that includes (a) chapter slides, (b) chapter test banks, and (c) video walkthroughs of technical exercises (where applicable).
Follow these links to access chapter materials:
- All chapter slides (1 .zip file containing 10 .pptx files, 300 slides total, 62.8 mb download)
- Master Test Bank - All chapter test questions combined into one master file, 100 questions total (.docx, 38 kb) | PDF version of Master Test Bank (.pdf, 331 kb)
- Note: Test bank answers are not provided to prevent possible cheating.
- If you have adopted the book for your class, please email the author if you would like test bank answer key. Please provide a copy of your class syllabus showing the book has been adopted for your class.
- Chapter 1: A Survey of GIS for Disaster Management Webpage
- Chapter 2: Fundamentals of Geographic Information and Maps Webpage
- Chapter 3: Geographic Information Systems Webpage
- Chapter 4: Geographic Information Systems and Allied Technologies Webpage
- Chapter 5: Disaster Management and Geographic Information Systems Webpage
- Chapter 6: Geographic Information Systems and Disaster Planning and Preparedness Webpage
- Chapter 7: Geographic Information Systems and Disaster Response Webpage
- Chapter 8: Geographic Information Systems and Disaster Recovery Webpage
- Chapter 9: Geographic Information Systems and Disaster Mitigation Webpage
- Chapter 10: Special Topics, Future Technology, Professional Career Options, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Trends Webpage
- Technical Exercises Home Webpage